How Ballet Can Help Your Child Build Athletic Skills
If you are a parent, you may be wondering how to get your child off the iPad and onto the sports field, but not every child is designed for soccer or football. Did you know that you can help your child develop their athletic skills in other ways, such as ballet dance classes? Ballet lessons can help your child develop valuable character traits and physical abilities that will help them grow into strong, confident, capable adults. If you’re looking for the right ballet dance studio to get your child started on an incredible athletic journey, here are the skills they can develop with us.
Athlete Skills Developed by Ballet Dance
- Flexibility: Ballet helps kids develop a full range of motion in their joints and muscles. Maximum extension and proper alignment can help prevent injuries and make your young dancer look like a professional.
- Confidence: Learning and developing the skills required to be a good ballet dancer does more than help them physically. Ballet classes can help your child feel more confident about who they are, how their body moves, and encourage them to try new things.
- Strength: Your child will learn how to generate forceful muscle contractions to jump, spin, maintain good posture and pointe, and more.
- Concentration: It takes concentration to repeat the same movements or learn a difficult routine. Ballet choreography helps kids mirror and memorize movements, focus, and strengthen their concentration skills.
- Teamwork: Some sports require private training, but ballet classes encourage teamwork and working with others. Learning how to cooperate and work with other kids of different skill levels and personalities will help your child succeed in all other areas of life.
- Coordination: Efficient movement in dance is required for sequencing and timing muscle contractions while dancing.
- Dedication: Many kids want to give up when they fail or make a mistake. Ballet dance encourages kids to get back up and try again, never giving up. Learning how to be dedicated is a practical skill that may help your child with their academics, and help them pursue their goals until they achieve them.
How Performing Dance Arts Can Help You Raise Your Athlete Child
Ballet is more than delicate movements and ease, it requires strength, focus, power, coordination, confidence, flexibility, and much more. When your child is young, they have the best chances of developing valuable skills that will remain with them for the rest of their lives. If you want to invest in their health and athletic progress, our ballet dances are a great place to be.
At Performing Dance Arts, we provide our students with quality teachers who have worked and trained in the dance industry for years. They can educate your child on choreography and theory, while respecting their individual creativity as a young dancer. Our classes are fun for beginners and our comfortable environment will help nervous students grow in confidence. If you’re considering ballet dance classes for your child, contact us and we will help you find the right teacher and classroom.
Curious as to why you should choose Performing Dance Arts for your child to learn their favourite dance style? Here… https://t.co/MjaENb3nrWFollow
There are several ways to pay for your children’s dance classes. Visit our web site to learn about the methods we m… https://t.co/TObECW74RtFollow
Dance lessons for kids can boost their self-confidence and help them build communication skills and have a healthy… https://t.co/WJE6sB2lBJFollow
If you’re considering registering your child at Performing Dance Arts, here are some important rules and regulation… https://t.co/HzT1zWPWMCFollow
Our 2020 Acro Summer Dance Intensive is available to dancers ages five and up. Since space is limited, register as… https://t.co/6wPU2aFPWXFollow
A question that is often asked when parents are visiting our dance studios for kids is “What is the difference betw… https://t.co/vAjsa2T6RXFollow
As one of the most popular forms of music out right now, hip hop is fun, exciting, and can lead to some dynamic dan… https://t.co/Lag5P7dwb2Follow
No matter how much they practice, performance anxiety in toddlers can happen at any time, and it can be paralyzing… https://t.co/YJC3zM4n5SFollow
Our acro dance classes include aerial work, balance, contortion, and more! Register your child for our summer progr… https://t.co/uxGBpSkHYcFollow
Tap dancing as a very easy dance to learn, and your child may only need a few lessons before getting on their way t… https://t.co/E1DGRql9BqFollow
Tap dance, the dance form that uses the sounds of tap shoes striking the floor, is one of the most unique and capti… https://t.co/bls601MUYzFollow
Dancers who are selected for our competitive team will attend workshops, training, examinations, and competitions—a… https://t.co/KMJ0Q8QCHzFollow
Did you know that dancers who participate in professional classes develop life skills that will assist them other a… https://t.co/emB3rM7u7lFollow
Learning how to balance can be difficult without the right guidance and instruction. Here are some helpful balancin… https://t.co/1T5mHMUdCbFollow