Top 5 Best Dance Movies of All Time
Dance movies have the power to make us move. As a parent, you may remember when you used to (or perhaps still do!) stand in front of the television watching your favourite dance flick while trying to mimic every twirl or spin. These movies make us believe we are dancers; they make us love dancing (whether or not we have rhythm)and entertain the idea of jumping into competitive dance training. And now we sit back and peek in on our kids doing the same thing—practicing dance moves from some of today’s hit dance movies.
There are so many popular dance movies that trying to settle on a few became nearly impossible. But we thought we’d give it a shot anyway. This list represents our top five most memorable dance movies:
- Stomp the Yard: This is a modern day dance classic featuring street dancing. Apart from the actual storyline, the dance moves in Stomp the Yard are really fun to watch. These moves of course play off of the long-running off-Broadway hit “Stomp”.
- Fame:Fame is one of the most memorable dance movies of all time. The plotlineperfectly captures New York City during a rough era in the 1980s. The movie is also popular because it follows high school students as opposed to many other classic dance flicks that focuson adults. Not to mention the soundtrack for the movie is just as classic.
- Black Swan: This is a bit of a curveball—Black Swan isn’t just a dance movie, it’s been rated on IMDB as one of the best movies of this generation. Featuring ballet, the dancing is much more technical and controlled, but that doesn’t take away from the beauty of it all.
- Billy Elliot:Billy Elliot is an inspirational story that deals with the negative stereotypes surrounding male ballet dancers. The dance scenes are so celebrated that this movie has gone on to become an award-winning musical.
- Dirty Dancing: Regardless of the era, country, or genre—Dirty Dancing has to be the number one dance movie of all time. It’s provocative, inspirational, and boasts some of the most classic dance scenes ever displayed on the big screen.
Movies like Flashdance, Grease, Save the Last Dance, and Strictly Ballroom could just as easily have made our list. These movies show the wide scope of dance and how dance imitates culture through genres like hip hop, ballet, and tap.
Performing Dance Arts is happy to offer dance lessons for both casual and competitive dancers. We are proud to have some of the most experienced dance instructors in the country. Visit our website to learn more about all that we offer at Performing Dance Arts.
Curious as to why you should choose Performing Dance Arts for your child to learn their favourite dance style? Here… https://t.co/MjaENb3nrWFollow
There are several ways to pay for your children’s dance classes. Visit our web site to learn about the methods we m… https://t.co/TObECW74RtFollow
Dance lessons for kids can boost their self-confidence and help them build communication skills and have a healthy… https://t.co/WJE6sB2lBJFollow
If you’re considering registering your child at Performing Dance Arts, here are some important rules and regulation… https://t.co/HzT1zWPWMCFollow
Our 2020 Acro Summer Dance Intensive is available to dancers ages five and up. Since space is limited, register as… https://t.co/6wPU2aFPWXFollow
A question that is often asked when parents are visiting our dance studios for kids is “What is the difference betw… https://t.co/vAjsa2T6RXFollow
As one of the most popular forms of music out right now, hip hop is fun, exciting, and can lead to some dynamic dan… https://t.co/Lag5P7dwb2Follow
No matter how much they practice, performance anxiety in toddlers can happen at any time, and it can be paralyzing… https://t.co/YJC3zM4n5SFollow
Our acro dance classes include aerial work, balance, contortion, and more! Register your child for our summer progr… https://t.co/uxGBpSkHYcFollow
Tap dancing as a very easy dance to learn, and your child may only need a few lessons before getting on their way t… https://t.co/E1DGRql9BqFollow
Tap dance, the dance form that uses the sounds of tap shoes striking the floor, is one of the most unique and capti… https://t.co/bls601MUYzFollow
Dancers who are selected for our competitive team will attend workshops, training, examinations, and competitions—a… https://t.co/KMJ0Q8QCHzFollow
Did you know that dancers who participate in professional classes develop life skills that will assist them other a… https://t.co/emB3rM7u7lFollow
Learning how to balance can be difficult without the right guidance and instruction. Here are some helpful balancin… https://t.co/1T5mHMUdCbFollow
Whether your child is just beginning or has a few dance years, PDA’s Mini Train Insane Dance camp is not to be miss… https://t.co/vrriEOXB77Follow