Top 5 Best Dance Movies of All Time
Dance movies have the power to make us move. As a parent, you may remember when you used to (or perhaps still do!) stand in front of the television watching your favourite dance flick while trying to mimic every twirl or spin. These movies make us believe we are dancers; they make us love dancing (whether or not we have rhythm)and entertain the idea of jumping into competitive dance training. And now we sit back and peek in on our kids doing the same thing—practicing dance moves from some of today’s hit dance movies.
There are so many popular dance movies that trying to settle on a few became nearly impossible. But we thought we’d give it a shot anyway. This list represents our top five most memorable dance movies:
- Stomp the Yard: This is a modern day dance classic featuring street dancing. Apart from the actual storyline, the dance moves in Stomp the Yard are really fun to watch. These moves of course play off of the long-running off-Broadway hit “Stomp”.
- Fame:Fame is one of the most memorable dance movies of all time. The plotlineperfectly captures New York City during a rough era in the 1980s. The movie is also popular because it follows high school students as opposed to many other classic dance flicks that focuson adults. Not to mention the soundtrack for the movie is just as classic.
- Black Swan: This is a bit of a curveball—Black Swan isn’t just a dance movie, it’s been rated on IMDB as one of the best movies of this generation. Featuring ballet, the dancing is much more technical and controlled, but that doesn’t take away from the beauty of it all.
- Billy Elliot:Billy Elliot is an inspirational story that deals with the negative stereotypes surrounding male ballet dancers. The dance scenes are so celebrated that this movie has gone on to become an award-winning musical.
- Dirty Dancing: Regardless of the era, country, or genre—Dirty Dancing has to be the number one dance movie of all time. It’s provocative, inspirational, and boasts some of the most classic dance scenes ever displayed on the big screen.
Movies like Flashdance, Grease, Save the Last Dance, and Strictly Ballroom could just as easily have made our list. These movies show the wide scope of dance and how dance imitates culture through genres like hip hop, ballet, and tap.
Performing Dance Arts is happy to offer dance lessons for both casual and competitive dancers. We are proud to have some of the most experienced dance instructors in the country. Visit our website to learn more about all that we offer at Performing Dance Arts.
Does your child enjoy dancing for fun? Want to give them a chance to learn from certified instructors? Our recreati… https://t.co/OMIgeNJjWHFollow
Check out our dance calendar for a full schedule of our classes! For more information, give Performing Dance Arts a… https://t.co/d0p0yE590AFollow
When it comes to dancing, there are several qualities about introverts that make them successful and talented dance… https://t.co/mPqZMtWzs7Follow
If your child has been dancing for a few years, it’s time for them to move up a level. Our part-time competitive da… https://t.co/vsoOklYnYUFollow
Everyone experience stage fright from time to time. Here are some important tips to help your child overcome nervou… https://t.co/9zP2OXLvRDFollow
If you are the parent of a young dancer, there are many ways you can support your child. Here are some important ti… https://t.co/HzpBjiAIGEFollow
If you are curious, or even mildly interested in what ballet can offer your child, it may be useful to learn more i… https://t.co/1LFaiWa4t5Follow
Here’s what every dancer’s bag should include to ensure they are safe, comfortable, and prepared for their performa… https://t.co/necrsVOtMiFollow
Dance is the perfect avenue for a growing child to express themselves. Plus, they can reap physical, social, and me… https://t.co/WUeIWefEWrFollow
Looking for dance classes for your child? Performing Dance Arts has you covered! We provide jazz dance classes in V… https://t.co/zdftDig5ImFollow
Is your child interested in Jazz dance classes? Here are some of the different styles of Jazz dance:… https://t.co/9hIcmw0lVuFollow
Our hip hop dance classes in Vaughan and Toronto are perfect to keep your child active while allowing them to expre… https://t.co/GwlUiVzWsHFollow
What is the difference between dance and gymnastics? Here’s what you need to know about the difference between thes… https://t.co/VT2gD5Txc7Follow
Our Micro-Mini Competitive dance program trains young dancers to compete at local competitions to improve their ski… https://t.co/Fw8h1HHCWdFollow
Tap dance classes for toddlers are a great way to help your child get off the couch and get their heart pumping. It… https://t.co/0n1QLkGZgFFollow