What are the Benefits of Dance in Early Child Development?
We can’t express just how much dancing helps children of all ages in so many different facets of their lives. With the summer now in full swing and you as a parent looking for ways to keep your child active, it is even more reason to consider dance. Both physically and psychologically, the benefits of dance in early childhood are worth the commitment.
Early Development Benefits of Dance Classes for Kids
If you’ve toyed with the idea of putting your child in dance, then considering the benefits should really make your choice easy. Think of what your child will get out of dancing, should she or he decide to join:
- Physical Development: This is probably the most obvious benefit, but still shouldn’t be ignored. The amount of physical exertion that happens in even recreational dance classes is enough to keep your child fit and active. And in the summer months, isn’t it better to have your child out and active rather than sitting at home?
- Improved Social Skills: Your child won’t be dancing in a room alone. They’ll be with a group of other young dancers learning all the steps, engaging in conversation, and learning that it takes team work to make any routine possible. You’ll be surprised just how much self confidence your child can gain just by being a valued part of a group.
- Cognitive Development: The physical and technical skills and lessons you child can learn in dance classes can be transferred into everyday life. We’ve already mentioned teamwork, but there is also motivation, persistence, and working towards a goal. These are all valuable life lessons your child will take away from dance classes.
- Creativity: Learning dance moves isn’t easy. It takes practice and a level of creativity on the part of the dancers to picture and then execute the movements. In today’s environment, increased creativity can only be a good thing.
- Better Coordination: This is another fairly obvious benefit. Dancing is one of the best ways for improving a child’s coordination. The different steps and routines ensure that dancers will be actively getting better in this aspect of their development.
- Maturing Emotionally: The entire experience of committing to class, being on time, working in groups and individually, getting better and reaching goals all contribute to the emotional development of children who participate in dance classes. The younger the better.
- Maintaining a Balanced Lifestyle: Technology is the culture of today and it definitely has a lot of benefits. But let’s not completely forget about face-to-face interaction, physically active learning, and just having some fun without a mobile device. Dancing shows us that all of these things are still possible.
Every day at Performing Dance Arts we see the benefits of dance in early childhood. Kids in all of our dance classes feel like they have accomplished something, and we’re proud to be a part of that every time they step into our dance studio in Vaughan.
Curious as to why you should choose Performing Dance Arts for your child to learn their favourite dance style? Here… https://t.co/MjaENb3nrWFollow
There are several ways to pay for your children’s dance classes. Visit our web site to learn about the methods we m… https://t.co/TObECW74RtFollow
Dance lessons for kids can boost their self-confidence and help them build communication skills and have a healthy… https://t.co/WJE6sB2lBJFollow
If you’re considering registering your child at Performing Dance Arts, here are some important rules and regulation… https://t.co/HzT1zWPWMCFollow
Our 2020 Acro Summer Dance Intensive is available to dancers ages five and up. Since space is limited, register as… https://t.co/6wPU2aFPWXFollow
A question that is often asked when parents are visiting our dance studios for kids is “What is the difference betw… https://t.co/vAjsa2T6RXFollow
As one of the most popular forms of music out right now, hip hop is fun, exciting, and can lead to some dynamic dan… https://t.co/Lag5P7dwb2Follow
No matter how much they practice, performance anxiety in toddlers can happen at any time, and it can be paralyzing… https://t.co/YJC3zM4n5SFollow
Our acro dance classes include aerial work, balance, contortion, and more! Register your child for our summer progr… https://t.co/uxGBpSkHYcFollow
Tap dancing as a very easy dance to learn, and your child may only need a few lessons before getting on their way t… https://t.co/E1DGRql9BqFollow
Tap dance, the dance form that uses the sounds of tap shoes striking the floor, is one of the most unique and capti… https://t.co/bls601MUYzFollow
Dancers who are selected for our competitive team will attend workshops, training, examinations, and competitions—a… https://t.co/KMJ0Q8QCHzFollow
Did you know that dancers who participate in professional classes develop life skills that will assist them other a… https://t.co/emB3rM7u7lFollow
Learning how to balance can be difficult without the right guidance and instruction. Here are some helpful balancin… https://t.co/1T5mHMUdCbFollow