Recreational Dance Program
At Performing Dance Arts we take a lot of pride in our recreational program. While all dancers dance for different reasons, dancers who participate in our classes will leave with life skills that will assist them in all of their endeavors. Our faculty features high energy, motivating instructors who will ensure that every dancer is challenged and has the opportunity to reach their personal potential. Our teachers are experienced and professional and have been chosen not only for their knowledge of dance, but also because of their passion and patience within the class room.
Recreational classes are divided by age and ability. Dancers may take one class or several. The program is available to boys and girls 2 1/2+ years. Recreational class levels are determined by previous dance experience and age. Most of our recreational programs range from half an hour to 1 hour in length.
OTHER RECREATIONAL PROGRAMS OFFERED:
Our Dance in Your Pants program is for children that are currently 2 – 3years old. This class gives young children the opportunity to interact with other children their age and also begin taking directions from a teacher figure. All classes are taught by Adult teachers 20 yrs of age or older.
The Pre-Dance class for ages 3-5 is designed to introduce young children to the joys of movement by exploring and expanding their movement range. Building coordination, strength, flexibility, and balance in combination with musical exercises are some of the primary objectives of the class. Pre-Dance Classes involve dance games and props to keep the attention of young students, supplying them with the necessary tools to love dance for a lifetime.
Your child will have the opportunity to dance in our exciting Year-End Show which is not just a recital. It is a spectacular show that you will be proud to bring all your friends and relatives to see!
Part-Time Competitive Program
Dancers that register for the part time competitive program will train in Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Acro and Ballet, for a total of 5 hours per week. The Part Time competitive program will only compete at local competitions and will not be required to attend any US or National competitions.
Dancers that are interested in joining our Part Time competitive team should have already had some dance training. The program is available for dancers age 7 and up.
If you register for our Part-Time Competitive Program, this is what to expect:
- Dancing 2 days per week for a total of 5 hours. Dancers will dance in companies according to age. All classes are mandatory.
- One optional Fall convention
- In-studio Jazz & Tap examinations - if applicable
- 3 mandatory local competitions in April & May
- Entry fees for competitions and fees for costumes are extra
- 3 mandatory competitive routines (Jazz, Tap, and Hip Hop)
- Dancers will have an opportunity to do a Solo, Duet, or Trio at the teachers discretion. Additional fees will apply.
- Costume deposits: The first deposit of $300.00 is due by November 1st; and is 100% non-refundable. Costumes are approximately $200.00 each.
- All dancers will require PDA flight suits and uniforms
Full-Time Competitive Program
The Performing Dance Arts Full-Time Competitive Program is a demanding and rigorous program offering the highest caliber of dance training available today.
Auditions for our 2015 / 2016 dance season will take place on Saturday, June 6th 2015 at 3:30pm for Micro Mini's (Ages 4 to 5) and Full-Time at 4:30pm (Ages 6 - 8).
If you are selected to be in a competitive team, this is what to expect:
- One mandatory fall convention; all company dancers must attend and pay for workshops
- In-studio guest workshops; guest teachers may be brought in for extra classes
- In-studio Ballet examinations; if applicable
- In-studio Jazz & Tap examinations; if applicable
- 4 to 5 mandatory competitions in April & May; possibility of a National Competition in July for some students
- Entry fees and choreography fees
- 3 to 6 mandatory competitive routines; there is no additional charge for the choreography of 3 large groups
- Costume deposits - the first deposit of $500.00 is due by October 1st; the second deposit of $500.00 is due by November 1st; competitive costumers are approximately $150.00 - $350.00 each
- All company dancers will require PDA flight suits and uniforms
- Optional fundraising opportunities available